25 Lies Dominating Western Culture Today
… and seeking to rule over your own view of reality.
Not one of these is true. Even Christians are falling for some of them, though — especially the last three.
- Humans are unexceptional among the animals.
- Human nature is malleable according to human will.
- Innocent, defenseless human life is dispensable without moral consequence.
- Human flourishing is best promoted through shielding persons from contrary opinions, beliefs and values.
- Disagreement on moral choices and practices is equivalent to hate.
- Male and female are malleable according to human will.
- Sexual intimacy can be decoupled from its natural emotional and relational effects.
- Sexual fulfillment is integral and essential to human fulfillment.
- Marriage is as government decides.
For clear answers to more than 25 more misunderstandings, strange accusations, and outright lies, read
Critical Conversations: A [Not Only] Christian Parents’ Guide to Discussing Homosexuality With [Not Just] Teens. (More book info here.)
- Virtue is irrelevant to leadership and to a people’s flourishing.
- Virtue’s principles change with changing times.
- Freedom is separable from virtue.
- Virtue can flourish apart from belief in God.
- Wisdom found in the Western tradition has nothing to offer today’s multicultural world.
- Human motivation can be distilled to economics and power relations.
- Economic sufficiency provides personal fulfillment.
- All religions are equally true (or equally false).
- Religions motivate people in similar ways to do similar things, regardless of their teachings.
- Christianity is intolerant and hateful at worst, irrelevant at best, and intellectually discredited in any event.
- Science and religion are inherently opposed to one another.
- God is no longer supernaturally at work in the world.
- We don’t need God.
- Electing the right politicians will solve the problems of a nation whose people accept these lies.
- The lies will go away with no costly struggle for truth.
- And we and our children will not be harmed by them.
Stand for what’s true.
(The linked article’s advice is good regardless of who wins.)
Coming Monday: “25 Truths Essential To Securing Our Freedoms.”
Image Credit(s): Pixabay.