- Boghossian’s “Manual for Creating Atheists”
- Peter Boghossian’s Atheistic Mission
- Peter Boghossian’s Pretend Arguments
- Peter Boghossian Pretends To Know What He Doesn’t Know
- Questions for Peter Boghossian
- How Peter Boghossian Gets Faith Wrong
- What Do Peter Boghossian and Josh McDowell Have In Common?
- Creating Atheists: Made, Not Born
- On “Creating Atheists”
- More Pretending From Boghossian
- Review: Boghossian’s A Manual for Creating Atheists
- No, This Part of My Argument Doesn’t Depend On Believing the Bible
- An Open Letter to Peter Boghossian On “Doxastic Openness”
- What’s Going On With Peter Boghossian?
- Conversations with Tim McGrew About Peter Boghossian
Audio and Video!
Peter Boghossian’s Manual for Creating Atheists, published late in 2013, caught my attention for being one of the more strategically influential approaches New Atheism has brought to the table. Last week I had a conversation with my friend Dr. Tim McGrew about Peter Boghossian, in a plenary session at Defend the Faith, a week-long apologetics conference in New Orleans.
It wasn’t the first time we had done this—see the video below the fold. Here’s last week’s audio first, though:
(Audio provided courtesy of Tactical Faith and Apologetics 315.)
Here’s some background on the video below. Shortly after Boghossian published the Manual I began blogging on it, eventually writing an ebook to analyze its odd definition for faith, among other things. Not long after that, Tim, who is a professor of philosophy at Western Michigan University, had a radio conversation with Dr. Boghossian.
Between those two events Tim and I had our first discussion on the book, an informal conversation at a Ratio Christi meeting at WMU. Including Q & A, that conversation lasted just over 100 minutes. We’ve just released it for viewing on YouTube, divided into seven 15-minute segments.
I think you’ll enjoy it, either in the recent audio version or the video. A Facebook friend of ours wrote this the first day the video was posted: “I watched all seven segments–I couldn’t help myself!”
Talking With Tim McGrew about Peter Boghossian, Western Michigan University, March 2014