FDT: “Frequently Discussed Topics”
Some questions and topics come up often here, and I’ve found it helpful to keep a resource base on them handy. These include links within Thinking Christian as well as references to some of the best web-based information I’ve seen elsewhere. Unconnected links are for pending topics.
- What does the Bible say about natural disasters? 1) Is it God’s judgment? 2) How can a loving and powerful God allow such things? 3) Briefer explanation of theodicy
- What is Philosophical Materialism?
- Is there an historic war between Christianity and science?
- Is Christianity a Science-Stopper?
There is a large chorus of voices insisting Intelligent Design is either pseudo-science or religion in disguise. These opinions are frequently uninformed and/or misleading. The articles here present strong arguments in favor of ID’s status as a research program worthy of pursuit, involving both science and philosophical work. While I don’t believe the scientific status of Intelligent Design is settled yet, I think it’s quite probable that over time, ID’s general research program will prevail.
- Intelligent Design
- From other sources:
- Is Intelligent Design really science?
- Is ID just a negative approach (merely a criticism)?
- Are there any research topics ID is actually pursuing?
- Is it true there is no ID in the peer-reviewed literature?
- Does ID undermine science?
- Is ID Testable and Does it Make Predictions?
- Should ID be taught in U.S. Public High Schools?