Author and Speaker
Senior Editor and Ministry Coordinator, The Stream
We don’t hold the truth, the truth holds us.
Six books published. Most recent: Too Good To Be False: How Jesus’ Incomparable Character Reveals His Reality. Early scholarly responses indicate this one, to be released on August 1, could be groundbreaking. It shows Jesus’ greatness from an angle no one has written on in close to a century. And that leads to a strong new case for the historicity of the gospels, never before published.
(Somewhat similar views have been published, but not since the 19th century, so this new case is essentially original and new.)
More than 1,000 published articles at The Stream, Touchstone, Salvo, BreakPoint, the C. S. Lewis Society, The Washington Post (page link removed, content duplicated at Catholic Exchange), and Discipleship Journal (magazine closed down in 2009). Blogger at evangelical corner of First Things from 2010 to 2012.
Blogging here at Thinking Christian since 2004. See also the badges in the right-hand column for honors awarded the Thinking Christian blog, including Feedspot’s selection of this blog as the top Christian philosophy blog authored by a Protestant writer.
Conference speaking experience:
- Defend (the annual apologetics conference of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary)
- The National Conference on Christian Apologetics
- Truth for a New Generation
- Growing Deeper Roots
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
— plus multiple churches and college campuses.
Bachelor of Music, trombone performance and music education, Michigan State University (1974)
M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Central Florida (1998)
30 hours of graduate-level theology courses with the International School of Theology, Western Seminary, and Talbot Seminary
The Stream, 2015-present, Senior Editor and Ministry Coordinator
Discovery Institute, 2018-present (part-time), Podcast Editor
Spiritual Readiness Project, 2017-present, Director
Apologetics Leadership Group, 2013-2015, Founder and Director.
- This group included top public apologists including (for example) J. Warner Wallace, Greg Koukl, Sean McDowell, Hugh Ross, and top lieutenants with Ravi Zacharias Ministry and William Lane Craig, among others. I turned leadership over to Craig Hazen in 2015.
Ratio Christi, 2013-2015; National Field Director and Vice President for Strategic Services
Campus Crusade for Christ/Cru, 1979-2013, in positions including (from earliest to latest):
- Music Ministry Training Director
- Interim Director, Paragon Productions (Multimedia Group)
- Director of Human Resources for Group Ministries
- Director of Strategic Processes, Operational Advisory Services (team reporting to the board of directors)
- On loan to BreakPoint/The Colson Center, strategy specialist and monthly columnist