Author and Speaker
Senior Editor and Ministry Coordinator, The Stream
Christians don’t hold the truth, the truth holds us.
Five books published. One more in process at the publisher: Too Good To Be False: How Jesus’ Incomparable Character Reveals His Reality.
This next one could be groundbreaking. It shows a picture of Jesus’ greatness from an angle no one has ever written on, to my knowledge. And that leads to an old-new case for the historicity of the Gospels, from a perspective no one has written on (as far as I’ve been able to find) for 90-plus years. The thing is, that case is even stronger now than it was before.
See also the badges in the right-hand column for honors awarded the Thinking Christian blog.
More than 500 published articles at The Stream, plus another 150 articles and chapters in publications including Touchstone, Salvo, BreakPoint, C. S. Lewis Society, The Washington Post (page link removed, content duplicated at Catholic Exchange), and Discipleship Journal (magazine closed down in 2009). Blogger at evangelical corner of First Things from 2010 to 2012.
Conference speaking experience:
- Defend (the annual apologetics conference of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary)
- The National Conference on Christian Apologetics
- Truth for a New Generation
- Growing Deeper Roots
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
… plus multiple churches and college campuses.
Bachelor of Music, trombone performance and music education, Michigan State University (1974)
M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Central Florida (1998)
30 hours of graduate-level theology courses with the International School of Theology, Western Seminary, and Talbot Seminary
Campus Crusade for Christ/Cru, 1979-2013, in positions including:
- Music Ministry Training Director
- Interim Director, Paragon Productions (Multimedia Group)
- Director of Human Resources for Group Ministries
- Director of Strategic Processes, Operational Advisory Services (team reporting to the board of directors)
- On loan to BreakPoint/The Colson Center, strategy specialist
Ratio Christi, 2013-2015; National Field Director and Vice President for Strategic Services
Apologetics Leadership Group, 2013-2015, Founder and Director
The Stream, 2015-present, Senior Editor and Ministry Coordinator
Spiritual Readiness Project, 2017-present, Director
Discovery Institute, 2018-present (part-time), Podcast Editor